From:
Lorraine Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 10:39:03 -0400
Squiggles (whose full name is Sir Edmund Hillary and yes for the obvious
reason) is a rescue.  His former owners told us that he was pulled limp
and not breathing from their burning house and given CPR by a fireman.
They couldn't keep him in the hotel.  This little guy is so wiggly and
squiggly and can climb anything.  He is really an amazing little guy.  He
gives new meaning to the words ferret proofing.

Now to my question.  We don't know how old Squiggles is.  He is neutered
and descented and weighs anywhere between 2 and 2.5 pounds depending upon
the season.  He is playing, eating, drinking and defecating as usual.  He
has no hair loss.  In fact, he has yet to blow his beautiful luxurious
winter coat.  He did have an infected area in his gums which we (the vet
and I) got cleared up.  But now he seems to be urinating a lot.  A little
bit here (actually just a drop) and a littel bit there.  Could it be a
bladder infection as a side effect from the gum infection?  Do ferrets
even get bladder infections?  If so, what is the treatment?  Anyone have
any ideas?

Thanks

Lorraine