From:
Bill Williamson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 1995 20:55:45 -0500
Re Kalifornia (with a K) -
        Perhaps the origin is somehow related to 'Kafka' and the images that
he portrays in his novels ???
------------
Re Hunting with Ferrets -
        It is my understanding that hunting rabbits with ferrets was
something like shooting fish in a barrel, or hunting deer at night with a
flashlight.  Just too easy and not 'sportsman' like, which probably (IMO) is
just a polite way of saying that ferreters didn't leave enough rabbits for
those who chose to hunt them by another method.
------------
Re Cedar & Other Shavings -
        I am pretty certain that OSHA has a data sheets re the hazards of
exposure to sawdust and shavings made from various kinds of wood.  I know
that they have done studies re the hazardness of hundreds of substances used
in the workplace.  Creosote and Liquid Paper come to mind.
------------
Re Rasins & medicine -
        Squeekers is taking medicine for insulinoma after surgery.  He will
hide from the very appearance of the bottle of liquid prelone, but I was
able to get him to take a pill if I made a hole in a rasin with by penknife
and put it inside.  Next day he spit the pill out and ate the rasin, so I
cut the pill in half and used two rasins.  Next day we were up to thirds of
a pill and three rasins.  This held for a week before we went to quarters
and four.  Still holding for a couple of months now.  Two rasins twice a day
...... Smart folks these guys !!!
Re Inexpensive entertainment -
        A carboard box with trapdoor holes cut in it will occupy everyone
for hours.  So does a real fuzzy blanket, they love to hide in the folds and
ambush each other, or tunnel through it to surprise someone from another
direction.  Be careful of paper towel or toilet paper holders, little heads
can get caught in there.

                                        - Bill Williamson