From:
"S.Hewett" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 2004 18:49:18 +0800
I will be coming to the 2005 International Ferret Symposium in March as
a guest speaker and also as an avid listener.  Words can't describe how
much I am looking forward to meeting so many people who have, thus far,
only been names at the end of an FML post.

From time to time there has been a thread on the FML about where to buy
an other than MF" ferret.  After much soul searching, due to overloaded
shelters and risk of disease in the US, I am thinking of offering to
bring some Australian ferret babies for sale to those who can promise a
wonderful forever home for them.

My criteria for selecting those who can to buy my babies in Australia is
very strict and the same will apply to overseas prospective parents.  I
don t class myself as a "breeder" because my ferrets are only allowed to
breed occasionally.  Mainly I take in ferrets who are old, frail or
biters and not easily adopted out.

WARNING: My babies are renown for being feisty and are not for the faint
at heart for the first year.  After that, they mellow into the most
intelligent interactive and healthy ferrets you could ever wish to see.
They may not have exquisite colouring or a cute short face but will,
nevertheless be lovely.  (I have yet to meet an "unlovely" ferret.)

My Criteria:
No cages.  Must be allowed to interact with their human family at will.
They will have never been caged in their lives except for travel.

No kibble.  Their diet must consist of raw food including whole small
animals (e.g. chicks & mice) chunky raw meat (not ground), lactose-free
milk & raw eggs.

Yesterday, Piaf gave birth to 6 beautiful babies.  The timing means that
they won't be tiny babies if & when they travel from Australia, but will
be old enough to be well able to cope with the distance.  My babies are
not sold until they are 12 weeks old even here.

Recent testing has confirmed that we have no ADV here.  The babies will
be immunised against distemper but not rabies.  (No rabies in Australia,
so no vaccine.)

If you would like to order a baby or want further information, please
contact me.  Only pre-sold babies will be coming to the US with me.

Love & Dooks,
Shirley