Date:
Wed, 7 Oct 1998 23:46:19 -0700
hi all,

Couple things to say.....

I'm going to have say my Vet, though not the most knowledgeable is more
than willing to learn.  I've found where i live knowledgeable ferret vets
aren't a happening thing and many are just not interested or scared of them
hhmmm.  Anyways Dr. Doughlas of Central Oregon Animal Hospital has gone out
of his way to learn.  I got a couple babies from Petco recently (saw them
and could not resist their charms) brought them home and all is well?
Unfortunetly not.  The kids were carrying ECE and gave it to my other two
ferts.  Of course I paniced.  Then Dr. Douglas has no idea what ECE is.

He ended up reading the whole Ferret facs page on ECE and is looking for
Dr. Susan Browns book on ferts, rabbits and rodents.  Good guy.  He is
helping me treat my babies and all looks like it should be fine.

Now Petco is another story.  I called them and all I got was "you can bring
them back for a refund."  Like they were a broken tv or something.  I made
it clear i did not want a refund or to bring them back, what I wanted was
them to give warning to others who own or are around those who own ferrets
about their babies being contagious.  We can't do that.  hmmmmmm

oh on cleannines. Yes important.  I have to say my ferrets cages are very
clean and unsmelly (clean the whole thing daily, and not just the box,
whole thing must be sprayed down, my messy clowns)  but my carpet, which is
only a year old, smells.  Can't find anything to fix it.   Their good kids
and go back to the cage to do their thing, its simply their body oils
making my carpet smell.   Any body with any ideas?

Sweet furry dreams

Kristine, Bear (the big hunk of love), Sylvia (unrestrained spaz), Moby
(mamas boy) and Sid (little s***)