From:
Juliana Quadrozzi - FERRET BUSINESS of GA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 22:51:43 -0500
I have a bit of a dilemma.  I had an inquiry about adoption that I'm torn
about whether or not to approve.  She's a 24 yr old married woman w/3
children - 4 yrs, 2 1/2 yrs, & 9 months.  If it had been a 1st time owner
situation I wouldn't have even considered it & diplomatically explained
why, asking her to wait until her children were older.  But she's been
owned by her 1 1/2 yr old jill for a year...which means she acquired her
when she was in her 6 month of pregnancy & her 9 month old has lived w/this
ferret his whole life.

Her family's also owned by a rescue greyhound (who runs from the ferret!).
Her knowledge about ferrets is above average (from the input I get from
owners of only a year).  She lovingly told me all the little stories about
her jill & asked questions about whether or not she was doing right by her.

Now I know lots of you out there have young children & infants.  You know
you're capable of responsible supervision, & if I had children, I know I
could handle supervised interaction.  I have no way of knowing that about a
stranger from a 45 minute conversation.  Even though I do feel very
comfortable about adopting to her & her family, so many horror stories
about the unfortunate situations we all know & hate are going through my
mind.  I fully realize that only a very gentle ferret could be considered.

Jill & I would really appreciate your input & opinions.

Juliana  (770) 984-1417
FERRET BUSINESS of GA
(fer'it`biz'nis) n. 1 Ferret foster care & adoption.  2 Info about ferret
care & ownership.  3 What a ferret does.  4 A collection of ferrets.
5 A direct result of ferret math.

/That's BUSINESS as in a bunch of ferrets folks./