From:
Linda Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Dec 1998 15:16:10 -0500
WOW  That post had too much detail for me.  These are domesticated ferrets
we are talking about?  I will not get in an argument over this but would
like to tell a little story.

My first ferret 11 years ago went into heat and had to be bred before
getting her spayed.  The male was a ferret kept in a cage fed live food.
My daughter , then 5, who carried our ferret around for a year had sat on
the couch.  This male was not let loose like ours, but managed to get out
and saw my daughter's hand move and attacked it.  We had to knock him off
of her.  He would not let go.  She is now 14 and has scars from this on her
hand.  The taste of blood made him wilder.  Very scary!  Mice are creatures
too.  They do feel pain!