From:
Sonya Grable <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 May 2000 23:14:03 GMT
Hi Everyone-

Sincere thanks to those which replied to my previous post asking for
insight and help!!!!

Well, the ultrasound showed absolutely nothing which is good, but
frustrating, too.  He said she was doing so well with the Iso that they
decided to take a really long and thorough look.  They saw bowel loops,
heart chambers, lungs, organs, etc.  Unfortunately, her adrenal glands
couldn't be found/seen.  There was nothing indicating gas or stomach
cramps, and no free-floating fluid, either.  He's going to make some
calls on Monday to try and find some others that may have seen this.  He
frequently consults with a well-known ferret vet, also.  I wish I'd have
thought to have him take more blood while she was under, but didn't (she
is very squirmy and hard to work on).

I asked about pediatric Benadryl, as suggested by a fellow FMLer, and he
said that were it an allergic reaction that she should've responded to the
Pred, but that I could try it (which I will).  I called this morning to
'see' about a trial of Lasix, also suggested by an FMLer, and he's going to
call a prescription in.  He said yesterday to just stop the Metronidazole,
Pred, etc.  that maybe they were exacerbating the problem at this point.
I think I may stick with the Pepto a bit longer though.  Her stools were
'funny' last night.  I guess it could be from not eating for so long and
from the stress, too.

Sonya