From:
J Higgins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 09:03:52 -0400
At 16:48 7/17/00 -0500, John Gordon wrote:
>And thanks to Jim Higgins and MC (the Rude One) for also trying to keep
>some truth in the posts we read each day.

I can't help but agree with John Gordon's point about the response of
Performance Foods to the recent problem of spoiled Totally Ferret food.
The Ferret Store posted to APF today (7/18) that they had received about
1,000 lbs more spoiled food in their most recent TF shipment - this after
Performance Foods personally inspected and removed all bad food from The
Ferret Store warehouse.  The ongoing saga of spoiled TF food says very
little good to me about Performance Foods.  They apparently didn't have an
effective QC program before the first incident, resulting in filling the
supply chain with bad food over a significant period of time.  They seem
to have reacted slowly and weakly to the problem, and only then after
increasing consumer complaints.  Retail stores are still getting spoiled
food.  Consumers are still getting spoiled food.  I'm not impressed.

Despite agreement on that point, I'd prefer not to be connected, however
tenuously, to your broader charges of hypocrisy against nameless people
whose words we haven't been allowed to see.

--
Jim H