From:
Joan Fernald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 2003 12:41:28 EDT
>Please, do any of you know how to take gum out of a ferret's fur without
>hurting?  I would just cut it out, but as I said, the gum is almost to
>the skin.  I also know that it is very uncomfortable for Pepper, because
>when you try to pet his back he flinches.  Please, can someone help?

I haven't had this exact scenario, but to get gum out of human hair I
have used a vegetable oil, such as olive oil, with great success.  Try
massaging it into the matted area and after a few minutes it starts to
break down the gum.  You may need to keep applying more oil as you do so.

Good luck with your little ones!

Joan, Mom to Bear, Skippy and Sid in Las Vegas