From:
Michelle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 May 2000 12:36:51 -0400
This letter was written to me yesterday.  The person gave me permission to
post this message and their information.  I hope someone out there will
contact these people and give their ferrets a new home.  Thanks.

"We inherited 2 ferrets approximately 3 years ago and have maintained a
healthy home for them.  However, we are going to be moving across country
and we cannot take them with us.  My allergies have become too severe to
keep any pets now.  I must find them shelter.  My male ( a sable ) is named
Ricky and he is approximately 7-8 years old now, a senior citizen from what
I understand).  The female ( an albino ) is Trixie and she is approximately
3 - 5 years old.  We have to move in 7 - 8 weeks and I must find a shelter
or someone who can take them in and love them.  Their cage is absolutely
huge (48" h x 24" w x 36"l) but I can partially disassemble to ship it
flat.  However, if I find someone out of my area, we'd have to have
information on how to transport them safely.  Any suggestions or advice is
most helpful and as quickly as you can obtain this info.  We would greatly
appreciate it.  I can take a photo and send it if you would need it to find
them a home.  I don't think they would be too traumatized by separation
however, I know they don't want to be in a 'single-ferret' household unless
allowed to run free.  Please help if you can.  Thank you.

alecia and david dressel
[log in to unmask]   or   [log in to unmask]