From:
Shelly Stanley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jun 1996 12:40:31 -0400
A few days ago I wrote asking whether I should take Calvin to the vet for a
suspected urinary tract infection.  The answer I got from everyone was "yes,
better safe than sorry." So, yesterday, I took Calvin in, and fortunately,
he does not have a UTI, in fact he got 2 thumbs up health-wise from the vet.

The funny thing though, was that in order to get a urine sample, they needed
to sedate my squirmy little guy.  When the vet came back after getting the
sample, he handed me a completely limp little ferret.  It was very strange.
I could see him breathing, so I knew he wasn't dead :), but his eyes were
open, so he wasn't asleep either.  He was hilarious.  Completely pliable.  I
don't want you to think that I messed with him in this helpless state -- I
didn't.  I talked to him soothingly and held him close till he came back
from his little "trip" (about 5 minutes).

I just wonder, did he know what was going on, or was he having wild trippy
dreams, or was nothing going on in his little head at all?  Anyone have any
thoughts?  Hopefully he was either not having any thoughts, or he was
dreaming about grassy fields with corners everywhere and all the hairspray
bottles he could drag away :).

     Just wondering,
     Shelly
     Calvin, Hobbes, and Susie (and soon to join our family, a little
     baby DEW who remains as of yet nameless :) Which reminds me, we are
     kind of going for the "Calvin & Hobbes" theme here [Susie is the
     girl who lives next door], and the only other name we can think of
     is "Spiff" [Spaceman Spiff, Calvin's alter ego].  Can anyone else
     think of any good names [in this theme] for an intact male DEW baby?