From:
Nycole Bridle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Apr 1997 11:04:23 -0400
Hello all!

Suki- my condolences on Meltdown.. over these last months I've followed her
progress... she will leave a hole here on the FML...  you did great by your
strong little lady..

Ferret math has struck our happy home!  I am pleased to introduce our new
addition- His name is Charlemagne (Charlie) and he is a 16 month old (or so)
albino.  We got him from a lady who got stuck with someone elses ferrets
when the owners moved out of state, there were 4 total, but we only have
room for one in our small apartment.  The other 3 went to a local pet store,
but the guy who ownes it really cares about animals, so it should be OK.

Methwoozla is still trying to show he's boss, and Charlie just stoically
(sp?) accepts it..  it's pretty funny to see our little ball of white fluff
wandering around with a sable backpack on!  <g> Charlie has the most
beautiful coat..  he is the softest, fluffiest ferret I have ever seen- do
albinos also go through a summer coat change?  Will his thin out?  He
weighed a little over 2 lbs when we got him, but seeing as he has done
nothing but eat since he's been here (he'll eat ANYTHING!  except the dog
food, which is cool), I imagine he's put on some weight... which is good,
Meth outweighs him by over a pound.  His muscle tone isn't as good as
Meth's, but I think he was caged most of the time for the last 6 months...
nothing some wrestling won't help!  Charlie was supposedly not boxed trained
when we got him, but he has a better hit-rate than Meth, and Meth's hit rate
has improved since getting the new guy... probably because the other guy is
smelling up his litter pans, so he has to mark them with his own scent..
whatever the reason- I'm thrilled!

One more question.. Charlie has red eyes.. but they are very light.. almost
an amber color.. is this significant, or just the way he is?

Thanks for listening!

Nycole
Methwoozla "C'mere, I'm gonna drag you to bed and clean your ears!"
Charlemagne "But I want to go over here!"