From:
Lea Statler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 1996 03:04:32 -0500
When we went looking for a playmate for Charlie.  We found this famale with
a blueish look to her right eye.  We were told that she had a cataract.
Though l had hear that cataracts are commen in ferrets, I didn't think that
it was something a young ferret could get.

Well, we felt sorry for her and didn't think that she would find a home or
maybe not for a long while.  Anyway we bought her.  That day l called your
vet and made an Appt.  The vet took a look at her eye and told us it wasn't
a cataract at all, she had gotten scratch or something.  So, we started with
ulser(sp?) drops and then hydrocortisone drops, well now she can see.  The
eye is smaller than the other one and still has a blueish color.

The vet told us that if the petstore had, had her eye check as soon as they
noticed it.  Her eye might not have the scare tissue that it does.

Hope this will help someone.

Lea
ignorance killed the cat (or was that the ferret?) Curiousity was Famed!!