From:
Larry McFarlane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jul 2003 22:54:42 -0500
First and foremost, my sincere condolences to all who have lost their
beloved fur kids, or have ill ones they're nursing.

I'd like to request those that are going to attend the council meeting
in Chicago to please keep in mind that honey catches more flies than
vinegar.  Years ago my family wanted to build a dog kennel onto the
property.  Not a dog house, a kennel.  To do so we had pictures of the
dogs we were going to have there, our show/breeding dogs.  We presented
how they were cared for, how they were treated, that they weren't out
running or any danger to anyone.

I would suggest that you take pictures of your ferrets in your homes,
present how long they've been domesticated, talk calmly, don't allow
anyone to ruffle your feathers.  If anyone has a good veterinarian to
back up the way ferrets are in the home, not 'wild or exotic', this will
further the cause.  I'm sure that this will turn out all right for the
ferrets, and that once they realize they're domesticated animals, not
'exotics' they should not be banned.  Here in Fort Wayne they were
talking of making sure exotics weren't in the city, and they listed them.
Specific types of snakes, bears, lions, etc.  Ferrets weren't listed.
Good luck at the meeting, I'll be watching the FML for the results.

Rebecca & the Crew of Merry Mayhem
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and
 taste good with ketchup"
"Support bacteria, it's the only culture some people have"