From:
"Sandra L. Fox" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 13:33:51 -0500
I am usually just lurking, but I wanted to share my happiness over one of
my babies (We have 24).  She was losing hair but showed no other signs of
adrenal.  We suspected it but the vet was reluctant to draw blood without
any other signs.  We insisted and it came back positive.  To make a long
story short, she had surgery Friday and is doing great.  First I want to
encourage everyone to trust your instincts.  You know your fur kids best
and they depend on you to be their advocate.  Second, our vet, Capitol Area
in Harrisburg, is great.  They trusted our instincts, called every few days
to keep us updated on lab work and scheduled surgery promptly.  One vet,
who had retired, is an expert on ferrets and came in specifically to do the
surgery with the senior vet.  We are happy to drive the 45 minutes to one
hour to get to their office.

I have friends with two ferrets who are moving to Florida.  Does anyone
have e-mail addresses of people she can contact for logistics on caring
for her little ones?  We are in PA and have much cooler weather up here.
Thanks.

Sandra