Date:
Sat, 10 Aug 1996 18:56:40 -0400
Being new to the FML, I thought I would introduce myself and my cwazy little
guys and gals.  After months of begging (seemed like years), I agreed to
allow my boyfriend to get a ferret.  And like all my animals, I tend to by
in pairs so I got myself one.  Boy was that a mistake!  I am now i total and
utter love of ferrets!  So much, that in only a month of having them, I
bought another one.  He was adorable (at least at the time...he is now
psycho, hence the name norman bates).  And seeing my first two didn't care
much for him, I bought yet another!  And here I was buying one just cuz my
boyfriend wanted one.

Unfortunately I work at a pet store ( only for one more week thank gosh).  I
am soooo tempted to buy another one but have been told I bring home any more
ferrets and I am dead!  So if anyone has any suggestions for changing
people's minds, tell me please!

Anyways, I just wanted to tell you of my wonderful girls and boys and ask a
question.  Norm (the cwazy 10 weeks old one), is quite *playful*.  Not even
sure if that is the word for it.  He will *play* with his little 8 week old
brother Nolan (yes, I succombed to my boyfriends plea to name it after the
baseball legend) very harshly, biting his neck and not letting go.  After
cries from Nolan, I rush to his aid and pull Norm off of Nolan.  But in 5
minutes, Norm is at it again.  Sometimes even the other way around.  Is this
normal for them to play so roughly?  And is it safe?  Working at a pet
store, we have ferrets and I have never seen them play so rough with each
other.

One more question.  I am moving to Tampa, FL in a few weeks.  If someone
down there would be so kind as to give me some information on any ferret
clubs in the area, I would appreciate it.  Just email me privately at
[log in to unmask]  Also of any shows in the area.  I am dying to see a ferret
show!

Thanks from the clan,
Stacy, Matt, and the wee little ones-Coral, Lynn, Norm, and Nolan

"Every man dies.....but not every man really lives" - Mel Gibson
        as William Wallace in "Braveheart"

Hope is the pillar that holds up the world.  Hope is the dream of a
waking man.
                --Pliny the Elder