From:
Melissa Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 16:03:06 -0500
Good Day, All!

I just wanted to write a quick note to let everyone know what a pleasure it
was to meet all of you at the Kissimmee show.  Even though there were some
people that I'd hoped to see, but didn't, I was thrilled to meet Barbara
Ludt, Carol, Debbie & Jim Hunton, Anais/Rachelle and her sister Vanessa,
Mike & Wanda Janke, Shirley Hertzog, the VanDerLaan family and many other
exhibitors and fuzzy-owned hoomans.  It's so wonderful to 'put a face with
a name' and it's funny how you picture people so differently from what they
really appear!

The show was smaller than I'd hoped :-(  but larger than anticipated :-)

I was LUCKY enough to win the Ferret Calendar, autographed by Jean Carley,
in the raffle!!!!  WOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!  I'd like to thank Jean for donating
it - you can bet that it will be treasured as the piece of art that it
is :->  My daughter saw it & begged me to buy it until I told her that it
was not for sale (there, at least).  We were ALL thrilled when our winning
ticket number was called!

AND... if we could've fit it in the rental van, I'd have come home to the
babies with the master of cages, Friends of Ferrets' "Phantom Castle" - a
whopping 48"L x 24"W x 66"H dream, complete with 7 doors, a frame on wheels
and a sliding pan underneath!  If anyone knows of a better cage, please
speak now 'cause the only thing keeping me from having it shipped is
freight costs (NJ to FL - ouch)!!

I have to say that ALL of the exhibitors were just wonderful.  They were
helpful and pleasant to talk with.

Sadly, I, too, saw the inebriated woman and watched her ferret tumble from
the top of it's carrier to the table and down onto the floor :-O !!!!  Very
sad. :-(

Oh!  One question before I sign off... on page 8 of "Ferrets, Rabbits and
Rodents" (Hillyer/Quesenberry) it shows a Shetland Sable.  Does anyone know
where I can find more information on this pattern?  It's the first I've
heard of it.

Thanks all!  Happy dooks from our family to yours!

Melissa,
proud mom to Dexter, Cocoa, MoJo, RockStar & (introducing) NewGuy!  all
of us missing Dodger....
       see us @ http://users/sunline.net/mesutton    >@v@<
                                                      '''''