From:
Carla Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Feb 1996 01:22:45 -0500
Angela-
Thanks for the letter of concern - yes, I've even tried elastic and
scrunchies - unfortunately, I have a sprite who thinks they're edible, even
when someone else is wearing them.  I DO NOT take them outside, unless I am
taking them somewhere, and then they stay in the carrier or in arms.  (too
hot here most of the year to play outside) As I posted, they do have good
harnesses with ID/rabies tags and leashes for those times, and I watch them
constantly.  (For some reason, they've never gotten "hung up" in the
harnesses like they do in the collars)

I do not tell others to not use collars, in fact I do encourage it,
especially if the ferret has run of the house (mine do not) - if collars
work for them and their fuzzies, GOOD!  I have two lost ferrets in my care
right now, because their unknown owners had NO form of identification on
them at all....

Didn't mean for anyone to misunderstand my post about not using collars in
the house.  I do believe in ID on the critters, when they have any chance at
all of "slipping away" somewhere.  When I do find a collar that works for us
without causing problems, be sure I will use it.  (you should see my drawer
full of failures!  LOL) In the meantime, the harnesses are used religiously
and I play overprotective mama.

Blessings,
Carla & the Woozlemaniacs