From:
Sara Gennusa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 2004 01:12:38 EDT
Dear Robin,
I work at a Petco store in New Jersey, and we frequently receive Marshall
kits with prolapsed rectums, otherwise described as the swollen anuses
that you saw on your visit.  I cannot speak for all of the stores, but I
can assure you that in my store, we treat this as a serious matter and
file incident reports immediately.  The kits in question also receive vet
care and are tended to until they are ready to be sold.  My hope is that
your store feels the same way about this matter.  Please ask the manager
if he has filed an incident report with the company.

On a more interesting note, I was browsing the newest issue of Critters
USA, a yearly publication showcasing small and fuzzy critters.  On an
advertisement towards the back of the magazine, there was a picture of a
ferret, black and white spotted (like a rabbit), with six toes on each
foot.  It's face was primarily white with one spot over the left eye, and
his eyes were jet black.  I found this both unusual and disconcerting.
Has anyone ever encountered a ferret like this?  Or was this merely an
example of computer enhancement.  I encourage you to flip through this
'zine at your local pet store and post your comments on the matter.  I'm
curious to hear everyone else's opinion.

Sincerely,
Sara and the Fuzzy Four