From:
Patricia Curtis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Dec 1996 21:47:00 -0800
Linda Doran wrote:

>Finally, a lawsuit against the California Department of Fish & Game!
>And from a totally unexpected source (at least in my mind) -- Marshall
>Farms.

Actually I have been expecting this for a long time, surprised they have
waited.  You see, MF is a business, and as such seeks profit.  Profit from
the ferrets they sell, just like every other ferret breeder who 'sells'
ferret.  Can you even imagine how much they will profit if ferrets are
legalized in CA and they can legally sell ferrets there???  Especially with
all the struggles over the years to get them legalized and how badly some
folks there want ferrets.  It just seems logical to me that they would be
'eager' for ferrets to be legalized there, and likely, they have the $$$ and
influence to get it done.

Trish