From:
Chere Mccoy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 26 Jan 1993 15:38:50 -0500
FERRET FRIENDS TO EXHIBIT AT ANIMAL CARE EXPO 93'
That's right we made it.  Yesterday afternoon when I got home there was
a call on my answering machine from Ms. Rachael Lamb of the Humane
Society of the United States (Washington, D.C.).  The message told
of our acceptance as an exhibitor - and left a number to call back.
Alas it was after five and their office was closed.  But I talked with
her this morning and during the conversation she told me she and the
board were very impressed with the literature I had sent in my request
package (she told me this no less than three times during our
conversation).  I want to take this time to tell you just part
of the package I sent.  The first Attachment included:  Ferret
Rescue and Care Booklet (S.T.A.R).  S.T.A.R. September 1992 Issue
which included 10 of their example forms.  The FFIRC incoming,
Foster Parent, and Adoption contracts..  Attachment two included
the American Ferret Association Bylaws (AFA), Ferret Fax (AFA),
Who we are sheet (AFA), and the Special Medical Alert (AFA), Attachment
Three were typical handouts:  FFIRC Business CArd,  What is a Ferret
(AFA), Is A Ferret Right for you (LAFF), Trimming your ferrets nails
and general information (I have forgotten which club sent this to
me, please forgive),  Ferret Senior Citizens and their Special Needs
(DVM Susan Brown), Preventative Health Care for the Ferret (Susan Brown),
Most Common Health Problems of the pet ferret (Susan Brown), How to
Trace a lost Pet (Again forgive me for fogetting who originally sent
this) FDA Veterinarian Sept/Oct 1991,  Attachment Four,  Miami
Hurricane Ferret Rescue LOGO,  American Ferret Report (AFA),
Special edition Miami Hurricane ferret rescue Operation (FFIRC),.
Carpet Shark Chronicals "the TERROR of a HURRICANE named ANDREW' (HAFA),
Ferret Talk for Ferret Friends (FFIRC) and Ferret TAILS .  Ran
out of room will send rest of message next (please pass to Nancy
Hartman so she can get the word out to all ferret nets)