From:
Ferret Rescue of Tidewater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Apr 1996 17:20:20 -0500
Hello again!

I also feel the need for clarification - I only take the ferrets to the
beach on appropriate days.  This means NO BLOWING SAND!  If I don't like it
in my face, I'm sure they don't!

I also only take them in the packed sand nearer the water to play.  Its
cooler near the water and it makes digging and tunneling easier.  As far as
retinal damage is concerned, this is correct - but we're only talking about
20 minutes to 1 hour at the beach.  Like I said before, its a matter of
common sense.  I enjoy the beach and the outdoors and all my furries do too!

As far as MF is concerned - I don't equate quantity with quality.  Some of
the most successful breeders (health wise) are the smallest.  The attention
to detail and gene lineage is crucial for healthy ferrets.  I think that
maybe there wouldn't be so many ferrets in the US if not for MF, but I also
think that a smaller number of ferrets would not be a bad thing.  The FML
would certainly exist (Ferret people love to talk about their favorite pet!)
And what I think about whenever I see a MF ferret in relation to the farm
and their practices is mostly unprintable!  Most breeders I have been in
contact with are reputable , concerned about longevity and health, and very
good to the ferrets, but there are always the "bad eggs".