From:
Ron Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 01:51:32 -0600
Dany,

That is a very interesting topic.
My first ferret Spaz named that because she went crazy when I got her home.
(note I knew absolutely nothing about ferrets) Actually she was just war
dancing and dooking, but I didn't know what it was, so the name was Spaz.

Next came Rascal: Rascal took a few days, (note knew quite a bit about them
now) He would run up and nip you on the toes and run away.  My daughter,
right after being his victim, said "Oh you little Rascal", and thus his
name is Rascal.

Next was Loki: Loki was into everything he could find to get into in the
car on the way home.  So knowing the the Greek God Loki was the God of
Mischief, he was Loki.

Several others in between then I got my Rainbow.  Named him that because he
is a cinnamon/champaigne with a lot of different color tones.  Beautiful
Ferret.

So to answer your question (at last) It depends around here.... Sometimes
it is behaviorally based sometimes it is on looks.

Fuzzie Dad
Rascal,Treble,Cocoa,Moose,Charlotte,
Screech,Havoc,Casey,Hanna,Dodger,
Sampson,& Rainbow