From:
Elizabeth Draus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Nov 1996 22:28:14 -0500
First, I'd like to drag this age debate out even further...and I'm in a
position to know.  I just turned sixteen (applause!) and I've had too many
pets (or, rather, companions) to count.

Would you like me to list?
1 snake 2 hamsters
1 mouse 2 rabbits
4 rats          dozens of fish
4 newts (raised from the "tadpole" stage)
2 dogs
and of course, 2 ferrets!

And I've wanted ferrets since I was 11, so I've researched them for about 5
years. I'm known as "the Ferret Lady" in several of my classes! And I think
Chloe and Velvet will tell you that I'm perfectly capable of taking care of
them. So I personally believe that maturity is more of a factor than age.

Hmm...2c? That was more like $4! Oh, well.

On a lighter (and more ferret-related) note, with their new winter coats,
it's become nearly impossible to tell my darlings apart.  I just know their
behavioral differences.  Like Chloe digs at the door, and Velvet tries to
shred my arms with her claws.  So I took the fert that was digging at the
door and gave her tail a new do!  I cut off the end hairs (whatever you call
them) so that her tail now has a flat end.  My father says I've mutilated
her (wrong end, tho), my sister says I've disfugured her, my friend says I
ruined her, and my mother just sighed.  I thinkit's great!  And Chloe
couldn't care less.

Bye now! Hope I didn't exasperate anyone!

Luvs,
Liz 'n Chloe 'n Velvet