From:
Lynn Mcintosh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Apr 1997 21:08:51 -0700
>From:    Janet Lachowsky <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Pouka a adrenlectomy sucess story
>...ferrets had enough alternate blood supply that you could shut off the
>vena cava (main vain to return blood to the heart) and they could still live
>a active life, but he had never had to try it.  Well guess what friends.....
>he had to as well as take out part of his liver.  It is one month after
>surgery and we still have pink toes and no swelling.

>From: Shari Diane <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Vena Cava Ligation in Rt Gland
>Rogue (a 3yo female) went *back* under the knife last Thursday.The first
>surgery in March found the tumor in the right gland,and the vet decided it
>was inoperable.  The owner was able to get the vet to research information
>nd consult with other nationally-known ferret vets on de-bulking and/or...
>The venacava was ligated successfully.  Her owner says Rogue is doing fine,

Wonderful news, Janet and Shari!  These are very noteable stories for all of
us who love ferrets, and especially those of us who have adrenal fur kids.
Please keep us updated on how Pouka and Rogue continue to do.  Does anyone
know where to get written info on ligating the vena cava?

In answering, please let me know if it's okay to post the answers to our
adrenal group.  If anyone wants more info about, or to be added to, the
adrenal group list, write me at [log in to unmask]

Thanks!  Lynn Mc. and the Gang of 8 furzies