From:
pat de rose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 05:06:05 -0800
Hi all,

Got a question about flu/cold in ferrets:

Sparky, my 3 year old sable, has been in general good health; in fact, she
just had her checkup/shots.

The other night she started making these sounds in the middle of the night
- sort of like when someone starts sneezing and can't stop.  It almost
sounded like barking.  I did not think too much of it, she seemed OK, I
thought maybe she had something in her nose/throat.

I did not notice it happening again until this past weekend.  Since I was
home I was around her more & she would start this sneezing...her nose was
a little runny last night (clear).

Any ideas?  It does not seem like an emergency condition...does it seem
like a regular cold (although neither me or my husband has been sick)?
Should I take her to the vet or wait to see if it worsens?  Should I give
her any medicine?

Any advice is appreciated.

Prayers for all the sick little fuzzies & their families; condolences to
those whose little ones have left for the Bridge.

Sincerely,
Pat (& Sparky the ferret & Honey the bunny)