From:
Gary Holowicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 1997 16:10:01 -0700
Hi Agron; etc.

I'd call both the vet regulatory agency in your area & the State attorney
general's office, division of consumer fraud!  I'd also ask who owns the vet
practice, it may be another vet than the one who's holding your ferret
hostage!  This is basic consumer fraud, trying to charge you for things you
did not authorize.  ( also review anything you signed to make sure that
didn't authroize something that was different from your verbal
conversation)... If nothing is different in the signed estimate of charges
from your verbal instructions, you have a sound case... Verbal instructions
is a binding contract, just know who youi spoke to and when.

Good luck... You may have to put the chages on a visa card to stop boarding
charges from running up, and if you can, you also can file a dispute with
the credit card company.  If they take American Express & you have one, use
it!  They will credit you the disputed charge & help you fight with the
vet..  I have used their services before (though not with a vet), and they
make the process lots easier... That's why I pay the annual fee for them,
it's worth it when you need their help.  Disclaimer: I do not work for any
credit card company, just my personal opinion!

                 Gary & the gang of fur ->
  Info on Timmy's healing & holistic healing=
<http://www.concentric.net/~Gferret/>
Pager email address for urgent messages=<[log in to unmask]>
"Regular pages"=800-209-1071 (I am on Pacific Time!)