From:
Robin Landes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 May 1999 12:39:58 -0400
Dear FML Readers,

I am a lurker who never posts, but wanted to share some thoughts with
everyone.  The recent and truly tragic death of Dr. Pam Slack has left
many of us stricken.  This woman had boundless energy for our ferrets and
was a ferret owner herself.  A visit to her office was always enlightening
and even in the face of an illness in a fuzzy, reassuring and even amusing.
One recent visit saw her snuggling and kissing my dear, essentially
hairless, 7 year old Stella and recommending just the right treatments to
make her comfortable in spite of insulinoma.  My boys loved her too.
Arthur, my big ferret loved the attention and was spared a low self-image
as she never considered him fat!  And my little Oso, (with Swedish and
English bloodlines), who cannot calm down (he is now over a year).  She
claimed this was normal, as her Brit didn t quit gnawing until 2 years.
When he nipped at her she simply placed him in a headlock and called him a
criminal but continued to snuggle and kiss him!  When he needed a test done
she called in a technician claiming, For you we will need the lion-tamer!
I have never been so comfortable with a vet and despair that her vast
knowledge and the ability to share and give will always be missed by those
of us in the ferret community who had the opportunity to know her.  I hope
all ferrets and their owners will save a place in their prayers for this
wonderful, irreplaceable woman.  She will be missed so much!

Robin & Stella, Arthur and Oso