Date:
Sat, 14 Sep 2002 19:26:28 -0400
I have two cage groups.  They don't like each other and they fight like
crazy when they are put together.  I have both cages in our dining room,
with a baby gate keeping them out of our bedrooms.  Well the baby gate
can be opened if not placed just so.  Smokey loves to escape and last
night he did.  Only he took Bubba with him.  Bubba is old has adrenal and
is not going to be with us too much longer.  My ferrets usually come when
called.  But when I called for Smokey and Bubba, Smokey came.  I called
and called Bubba.  He has always come when I called.  I got out the
squeaky toy and went all over the bedrooms.  No Bubba.  We looked for him
for over an hour.  I kept imagining we would not find him breathing.  I
started to FREAK.  Finally my hubby got the big boys out of the other
cage, and let them roam the bedrooms.  Within 10 minutes Woozel had found
Bubba.  He was under my nightstand.  Of course getting them out from
under there was a royal pain.  I was so glad Bubba was alive, and so mad
that he didn't come when called.  Bubba just looked at me like "Let me at
the boy I'll show him who's boss.  Mess with me while I sleep!" I don't
know what I would have done if Woozel hadn't found him.  Oh the joys of
having ferrets.

Lydia and the Ferret_R_Gang
Snickers, Casper, Bubba, Smokey, Trooper, Sassy, Britney, Angel, Duncan,
Tubby, Woozel
http://www.hlrconnect.com/ferrets/
Missing: Murray, Rusty, Mr. Snowman, Isis, Ossi