From:
Danny Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Feb 1998 16:07:34 -0600
My little girl, Treasure has for the past couple months shown slightly
swollen neck glands.  I'm not sure what kind of glands they are, but guess
they are scent glands since that is the classic rubbing the neck on the
floor area ;).  They appear to be quite itchy for her too.  I suspected this
might be an onset sign of adrenal disease, especially since she's starting
to lose a little hair in her tail now.  She had her left adrenal removed
about 2 1/2 years ago based almost solely on vulvular swelling--she had
virtually no hair loss, and have the combined wisdom of the list for
catching that so early and knowing what it was.  Sexual signs now are
minimal to none--with only perhaps minor irritation in her lower nipples.
And I've also heard that once one adrenal is removed, it's common several
years down the road to see signs in the other adrenal.

I've re-read through the FAQ--and I see a lot of new and good information.
But I didn't see anything that might have correlated those glands on her
neck swelling with my suspicion of adrenal problems.  I suppose then comes
the choice of the bi-lateral.  I've seen the FAQ, but I was wondering on the
opinions and personal experience.  How long would you recommend waiting?
How much higher maintenance can I expect?  (Heh, as if the little boogers
don't get enough of my time ;)  And what's the typical life expectancy after
a bilateral?

I'll be keeping a closer eye on the fml now, but would appreciate cc-ing to
me personally too.
Thanks--Danny