From:
Katt Patt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Aug 2012 04:45:30 -0700
I started out my first ferrets with scoopable cat litter. Not the best
idea but stopped the practice when I started doing rescue several years
ago. We use fir wood stove pellets. Our local lumber yard sells them by
the ton. And I have a wood stove pellet to heat my house. On the plus
side they sell us broken bags for a dollar. Ask your feed or lumber
yard if they will sell the broken bags to you at discount. A ton of
pellets runs us anywhere from $150 to $200 depending on the season,
brand and availability. Most expensive we have had per 50# bag is $5.
Stay away from the real cheap brands. One we got once smelled like
dirty feet. The wood at the mill had gotten rotten and literaly spoiled
the wood. We also use puppy pads around the house as many of my blind
ones have a hard time getting to the boxes.

Thanks
Kathy of Sammy's Clubhouse Spokane Ferret Rescue and Education
Main website: https://sites.google.com/site/sammysclubhouse
Like us on Facebook!  Adopt your next pet from Petfinder.