From:
Sue Howard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 08:34:04 EDT
G.A. Christian made a very good point this morning in their post.

I have only really heard about most plants being poisonous to ferrets and
never really considered that rose petals might actually be HEALTHY.  LOL!
I don't have ANY plants in my apartment (I figured why make the worry when
I can avoid it all together??LOL) , so my first instinct was to panic that
the petals would be poisonous.  Dante seems fine with the exception that
he didn't really care for the TEXTURE of the petals around his nose but he
sure did love laying in them.  The comment about "I know they were very
bad" was pretty much unfounded and written in a state of panic.  I really
didn't think when I wrote the comment that I would make anyone nervous...
and it wasn't my intention; however, I know when I make a mistake and am
happy to admit it when it happens.  I don't have any true scientific
resources saying they are bad or good, but a couple of people wrote me
yesterday and said their ferrets loved to play in them and such, so my
guess is really *whew* they can't be that bad.  So my apologies for
writing that comment unfounded...

Sue
Dante (Ma! Froot Loops! Now! C'Mon!)
Toby (the Patriot player who DIDN'T disappear)
and Paul (Blind? Deaf? Old? What's that? No, really?)