From:
Sue Savage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 May 2008 17:07:06 -0700
I was looking at the Smithsonian Zoos ferret cam today and I noticed
her belly was shaved, so I emailed them and asked why, assuming she had
some surgery performed (til I saw her laying on her back later, and saw
no stitches). I received an email back stating they have to shave them
to artificially inseminate them. She is due about June 19. Mark your
calenders! The website is
http://nationalzoo.si.edu/Animals/NorthAmerica/default.cfm?cam=BFF
They also have a Asian small clawed otter cam at
http://nationalzoo.si.edu/Animals/AsiaTrail/default.cfm?cam=AO

Sue