Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 20:50:50 EST
Double trouble!

This afternoon my ferrets, Cassie and Chloe, were having their playtime
out in the living room.  After awhile, I took them up to my room and
closed the door.  Now my room is ferret-proofed...or so I thought.  I left
them up there and went downstairs to get something, and I wasn't worried
they'd get into anything, after all, I've left them up there alone before,
and they can't get anything.  So anyway, I went downstairs for about 2
minutes, at the most, and when I got back up there...*GASP*

They had somehow gotten onto my bed and then hopped to my desk from there.
The plant on my desk (I had JUST watered it yesterday) was knocked over,
and WET DIRT was virtually EVERYWHERE.  Chloe was on the desktop getting
a drink from the fish tank and Cassie scampers over to see me, her nose
and paws muddy, and I could have sworn she was laughing!  Then Chloe
looked up, chin dripping, and I could almost hear her say "What?"
I almost screamed.  *Sigh...* yet ANOTHER afternoon spent cleaning.

Oh well, ferrets will be ferrets!

Heidi
Chloe: "Here, fishy fishy fishy fishy!"
Cassie: "Hee hee hee..."