From:
"D. Linda Jones" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jul 1998 10:40:30 EDT
Can anyone out there with both aol and a 486/win 3.1 help me?  I have been
subscribing to the FML for a while now, and have had exceptional difficulty
in figuring out how to open my files and read them.  I can usually get one
up, but then I have to trash all my previous FMLs to read the next.  This is
very frustrating, and I am wanting to find a better way to do this.  I have
tried to DL my FMLs to the windows notepad, with absolutely NO success.  If
anyone can help in VERY simple terms, please email me at [log in to unmask]
(Thank you in advance!! :o)

[Moderator's note: In case anyone is considering using AOL, note that AOL
turns all longish email into attachments which must be downloaded and then
read with something OTHER than AOL.

The Write program which comes with Win 3.1 should be able to do the trick
for you.  When you are done reading, you'd save it with a different name
before you exit Write.  Something like FML1655.TXT might be good strategy.
You have to save it under another name because under Win 3, all the
downloaded FMLs are given the same name.

Definitely a pain, though there are 761 AOL subscribers, and at least some
of them probably actually read the FML, and some of those probably even
have Windows 3, so I guess it's possible.  Somehow. :-)  BIG]