Date:
Sun, 22 May 2011 10:10:19 -0400
[Per Vickie, she has permission to repost the quotes below. BIG]

manufacturer of Neovac D because it does not do anyone any good getting
hopes up on a product that is not being manufactured anymore.

Next Dr. Ruth Heller did contact Schering in October 2010 and here is
her response to the breeders on ferretbreedersnetwork (FBN):

Okay, talked to Schering today. Yes, Galaxy D is being discontinued.
They will be producing it until January 1st (2011), but after that,
it's gone. Currently expiration date on new product is November 2011,
that might change for vaccine produced in December. They will be
producing a distemper/parvo combination product, but it is a different
strain of distemper vaccine and cannot be assumed to be protective in
ferrets (in addition to the parvo component, but I asked because only
one other antigen is preferable to several). They will not be producing
a similar product to Galaxy D in the foreseeable future.

Here's some information from another breeder on FBN who actually
contacted Neotech, LLC:

OK, I've done some research on NeoVac D from NeoTech, LLC. I found two
different suppliers that offered it. I contacted both and neither have
the NeoVac D, just the NeoVac DA2. They say NeoVac D is discontinued.

So I called NeoTech and was lucky enough to speak to Dr. Hatler. They
are not producing the distemper only vaccine due to the limited call
for it. He did say that their NeoVac DA2 has been used in the last year
by a Mink breeder and that the breeder has re-ordered and seems pleased
with the product.

Long story short: He is interested in getting the phone numbers or
names of large mink, skunk and ferret breeders so that he can research
the need for a distemper only vaccine. He is also interested in finding
out what the breeders would be willing to pay for this vaccine. He's
trying to find out if producing distemper only would be a good thing
for his company. He's going to try and contact Marshall. Does anyone
have names of other breeders that we can give to him?

If we jump on this we might be able to have a distemper only vaccine
from NeoTech. They are a small company and may be willing to do it if
we can make it worth their while. He did day since they are a small
company their "while" would be a lot smaller than what Merial or others
would accept.

So there you have it - the actual facts on Galaxy D and Neovac D. Hope
this helps end the confusion.

Vickie McKimmey

Just a Business of Ferrets
www.jbferret.com
American Ferret Association
Director of Shows and Special Events
www.ferret.org
Author of Ferrets:  An Animal Planet Pet Care Library Series Book