From:
"Ashley B. Bowen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jan 1998 15:49:02 +0000
Hiya all!
I hope everyone had a nice holiday season.  Only 3 more days left of school
vacation. :(  All right!  Mid-term tests next! ;)  Anyway, Tuesday, my mom,
dad, and I drove up to New Hampshire for a nice day of skiing on Wednesday.
The ferrets stayed here, (K2 doesn't make ferret sized skis!  :) and our
neighbor who is awesome with ferrets and loves mine to death came over to
give them supervised play-time on Tuesday night.  On Wed.  we went skiing at
Loon.  (The skiing was great) Loon has this "wild animal show" at different
times during the day, and they have a separate building for it, off the
lodge.  When you exit Loon, you pass by the building.  On the side of the
building that you pass as you exit, there are silhouettes of different
animals, and wouldn't you know, there was a shadow of some type of weasel,
that looked just like a ferret begging!  It was so cute!  Has anyone else
seen it?  It's right in the middle, and it is sitting on a stump.

Anyway, I have a cute story to share.  A few nights ago the ferrets were out
and I was making my bed, so I could go to sleep.  I knew one of my cats was
in my room, but I didn't know where she was.  So, I gathered the ferrets,
and told them to "go find the kitty".  And, low and behold, they both took
off, underneath my bed, and about 5 seconds later, my poor cat came running
out from under the bed, with the two ferrets in close pursuit.  It was the
cutest thing I have ever seen.  It was especially funny that the ferrets are
about 1/3 the size of the cat!  Is everyone else's cats afraid of their
fuzzies?

Well, I went on a little, ahem, shopping spree for the ferrets..again.  I
went to Petsmart, and got them a new water bottle.  It is one of those ones
made by Oasis (the waterbottle company, not the band ;) and it has this cute
picture of a ferret begging on it.  I also got them 2 new toys.  You know
what?  Petsmart doesn't sell very good ferret toys.  Some very dangerous
ones actually.  (Foam balls) So, I went over to the cats section, and got
them 2 ferret safe toys there.  I also got a kitten brush.  I tried to brush
them today, but they wouldn't hear it.  Oh well, they'll get used to it I
guess.  Well, I've done enough rambling.  Talk to you all later!

Ashley:)