From:
D K SADOWSKI <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2007 12:00:35 -0500
Nikki,

This is in regards to your post in response to laws in Ohio.

Nikki are you a ferret breeder? if so, is that why you are against
changing the laws in Ohio to protect the ferret from people like
McKay?

I live in New Jersey and to be a Legal ferret breeder or/and a ferret
rescue we have to hold a special permit from the NJ Department of Fish
& Wildlife. I pay $100 a year for my ferret rescue and ferretry. Now
from what I understand, if you are USDA Licensed ( which we don't have
to be) you have to pay so much per year per animal and have inspections
done and the animals would have to be kept and cared for according to
their standards. I don't hold this but have been rated one of the top
rescues and ferretries in New Jersey according to my peers and the NJ
Department of F & W.

Now I really doubt that if a breeding fee & limit laws were imposed on
the ferret breeders, that they would stop breeding, they may cut back
on their breeding stock and the number of litters they produce.

In all honesty, the only ferrets that I can honestly say that I have
seen and handeled from a breeder in Ohio is Scarlet of Scarlett's Happy
Dookers as I purchased a jill from her in 1999.

Changing the laws would protect the ferrets and other animals rights to
proper housing fresh/good food and fresh water, proper medical care,
etc. It would ensure that the ferret/animal breeders would have live
up to and provide Humane standards for the animals they breed and have
in their care.

Debi