From:
Todd Leuthold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Dec 2001 01:09:08 -0500
Condolences to those with lost, sick, or angeled tug-o-shoe champions...

kyla urie wrote:
>does anyone know the fastest a ferret can run? just wondering and have
>never seen anything or anyone cover this question.

Well, I don't have official mph figures, but here are the fastest speeds
I've seen my ferrets move:

Add-A-Kiss = blur (runs so fast, all she is is a blur)

Fuzzer = Faster than light--he can get across a dark room before the
light comes on, even if he is standing right by the switch when it I
start turning it on.

Ziggy = Slight-faster-than-molasses-in-January.  He isn't in a hurry to
get anywhere.

Hershey = Faster than Cat.  The cat has no hope of safety, if Hershey
sees him.

All of the rest run at ferret-normal speeds (which means whatever speed
they want to run at that moment).  They do better on carpet than they do
on linoleum, though.

Todd and the (Ready?  Set?  Fert!) Fuzzbutt Rodeo Clowns!

---
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.netconex.com/toddl/page2/