Date:
Mon, 7 May 2001 12:22:37 +1000
Hi all!  Just thought I would give you another alternative to rice or sand
boxes.  Craig and I rescue and care for native Australian wildlife, so
always have parrot mix on hand, which includes large seeds that I don't
worry about the fuzzbutts inhaling...I poured a couple of kilos into a
large plastic bin on wheels that I used to have full of dirt for our boys,
and they absolutely went nuts for it!!  The rattle it makes against the
plastic bin sends them into a spinning, playing frenzy!!!  They don't try
to eat any of it, and it doesn't go stale, as we put the seed out daily,
and replenish with fresh seed as needed, and it also solves a storage
problem for opened bags of seed.  Even if you aren't a 'bird-feeder', its
worth a try just to watch them in this stuff!!  A big bag of sunflower
seed alone would have the same effect.

Have fun!!

Kathi, Craig, Quazi and T-lo