Date:
Mon, 6 Jun 2011 01:58:29 -0700
My eldest ferret, Jack, who I'm estimating to be close to six (he was
adopted when he was around two) last week had a very red bum and what
looked like a prolapsed rectum. The next day he was fine - totally
normal looking. Now for the past two days it's back and has stayed
"out". His poops appear normal in frequency/consistency and he's not
showing any other symptoms. I ve been putting Preparation-H on his bum
and it seems to be getting a bit better. Going to take him to the vet
tomorrow as he's due for a checkup, anyway.

Can anyone tell me what to expect with this? He seems to be as active
and happy as normal and it doesn't appear to be bothering him at all.
He doesn t show any other symptoms of anything going on. His diet
hasn't changed, either. I Googled prolapsed rectum and ferret and all
I seem to find are how this can happen with kits - not adults - so not
sure if this is an indicator of something more serious in his case.

Thanks ahead of time,
Laura and the Ferretocious Four

PS: a pic of Jack is attached [No attachments on FML]