From:
Kathy Maxwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 May 2000 00:33:13 -0500
Hi Everyone,
It's been awhile since I've posted ( school crunch time ).

Anyway I saw a post yesterday by James in regards to the use of Galaxy D.
Here in Winnipeg, Canada to the best of my knowledge, that's all our vets
use.  Until I joined the F.M.L.  I had never heard of Fer-vac.  Out of our
seven ferrets only once did Twister have a very minor reaction.  I don't
know that there has been clinical studies regarding Galaxy D, all I can
tell you is that is the only vaccination used for ferrets as far as I know
in all of Manitoba.  So far I haven't heard of any ferrets coming down with
distemper, that doesn't mean it hasn't happened, just that I personally
don't know of any.  I can get more info from our vet on Galaxy D, if anyone
would like, just let me know.

On a fun note, why is it that even though we name our ferrets we also give
them nicknames.  Anyone want to join the Name Game?

Twister - Furry on the Plains - Here Furry, Furry, Furry ( Taco Bell
commercial )

Jasmine - Jazz-e-man girl
Zeus - Zeusee
Apollo - Pollo
Q - Quken
Tigger - Tigi
Wolfgang - Wolfi
O.K SO WERE ALL NUTS, BUT WE COME FROM A GOOD TREE
Kathy and the Ferret Collective - on the light side