From:
"A. Mason" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Aug 2001 13:34:24 -0500
Hello,

I'm hoping some of you can give me advice on how to switch foods for picky
ferrets.  I adopted a 7ish year old sweetie I named Kuma a week ago.  His
owners weren't good ferret parents, they left him loose outside and stuck
out bowls of kitten chow every few days.  So he's skinny but gaining weight
and the vet also gave him a good bill of health!

The stuff they fed is the cheapest grocery store stuff...full of crappy
ingredients, preservatives and dyes.  So I wanted to get him eatting
something more nutritious.  The problem is he's convinced that this crud
is the *only* food that suits his delicate palate. <G>  Several types of
organic human grade ingredient kitty kibbles and their canned equivalents
were turned down without so much as a by your by.  Then he banged the bowl
on the side of the cage to let me know it needed filling - this time with
real food, thankyouverymuch!  I've tried gradual mixing, sprinkling it with
ferrotone and crumbled bits of his favorite treats so far but not so much
as a nibble.  Any ideas?

Amanda Mason * [log in to unmask]
Webberville, MI
http://www.geocities.com/throughacatseyes/kuma.html