Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2008 17:08:26 +0000
First I want to say how thrilled I am to have ideas on how to help
Rhea. I have and will continue to print all the email I have received
and study them closely. I am reading everything. I would love to answer
all of you personally however at this moment I am unable to. I will
though. But I am listing to ALL of you.

I need to answer a few questions that I had forgotten to address in my
first email.

Rhea is from the DMK Ohio rescue. I received her when she was about 3
to 4 months old. Her history I assume would be that she was rescued
from Ohio and transported to Loris. Julie picked her up and transported
her to FL. While in Julie's hands she was given the best care. This I
know. I picked her, with her sisters, up on October 10th from there.
I brought them home and all the sisters stayed together in a large
cage. They all saw the vet on the 10/13 and were given a clean bill of
health. They were all bitters at that point. On November 4th they were
altered. All the girls were NOT descanted. It was also the consensus
that they were not nor had ever been in heat. On Nov. 17th there
stitches came out and again they were given a clean bill of health.
Minus a cough and ear mites. All taken care of right away. The ear
mites were treated that day, again the week after and yet again the
week after that. I make it a point to clean ears and clip nails once
a week.

We did not do blood work as of yet. The money is not there as she is
still a rescue ferret. Dr. Case provided the exams and the alterations.
This might be asking too much. I need to remember that I have 6 other
ferrets that also need attention.

What was done was a physical exam. He did check her teeth and her body
very well.

Next she did this in TWO different places. At my house in two different
rooms and at the rescue. She attacked me and also Jane from the rescue.
At the vet she seemed scared. She tried to climb up Dr. Case and me. I
kissed her head and she nipped me. Good! I knew better but could not
help it.

I hope this answers all of the question asked. Please keep the emails
coming they are extremely helpful. I will tell you I will be giving a
one idea a try tonight.

--
Misty Hosier
Broward Ferret Rescue and Referral