Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 02:08:14 -0500
Well I let the ferrets out yesterday and I noticed that Misty was a little
lethargic.  At first I didn't think anything of it because she usually does
not have much energy when she just gets outt of the ferret sleep.  Well she
is not very litter trained even at seven and a half.  I noticed that she
peed and pooped on the floor.  But it was not liquid it was all mucous.  I
was franttic.  This was at about nine thirty.  So I called a local FMLer
and asked her what I should do.  She also had green slimey diarrhea.  She
has never had this or any other problems except for adrenal disease.  So I
rushed her to the emergency vet.  They did a urinalysis and a fecal.  There
was red blood cels and everything was very high in her urine.  Her fecal
was normal.  We took her to the vet today.  Just to be on the safe side.
They did an x-ray and said that her intestinal wall was a bit inflamed but
might be from the diarrhea.  She gave me Baytril and Pectocin to add to the
Amoxicillin Drops she was given at the emergency vet last night.  Please
just pray for her and for me.  I don't think I could bare to lose her.  I
seperatted her from Thumper.  And I have to call the vet back in the
morning.  Any suggestions on how to pill a ferrett would be GREATLY
appreciated.

PRAYERS FOR ALL THE SICK FERRETS
DOOKS TO ALL

Misty (I  don't feel sso good Mommy.)
Thumper  (Yo Ma wheres my  electtric blanket gone to?)
In our heartss  Baby(9/92-1/99) and Idget(7/92-2/98)