Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 16:32:41 +0000
As I mentioned in my previous post, Ferry is on a chicken baby food diet
(which he loves).  He doesn't seem to eat his regular dry food any longer,
and I believe that at this point, he would rather starve than eat his
dry food.  He was always a moderate eater (even with treats), but now he
seems like he could eat chicken forever.  He eats (at least) 10-13oz of
chicken/turkey gerber per day.  I'm concerned about his nutritional needs.

Is this enough food for him?  (I'm not sure whether he is eating any dry
food or not because he sleeps with his 3 sisters).  If it is (in terms of
quantity), what should I do about all other nutrients needed in a ferret's
diet?  I've been thinking about crushing dry food and mixing it with baby
food.

What would you recommend? and have you had any similar experiences?

Thanks.

- Joe