From:
Emily Topp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Nov 2003 04:50:34 -0800
Hi all -

Thanks to everyone, again, who sent biting cessation ideas to me for my
new big boy!  He is getting better and better everyday and even gives me
kisses now and then!  For those who asked me to tell what worked, the
standard thing seems to be working - when he bites we scruff him and tell
him no, then put him in the bare travel cage for about 30 secs or 1 min
and then let him out again.  We also pick him up frequently for no reason
to get him used to us.  He is not 100% trustworthy by a long shot, but he
is getting better.

Recommendation needed - I am looking to buy a carry sack-backpack to take
them outside in - ONE AT A TIME!  - what have you guys used that you
really liked?

Funny - My husband stepped on the boy's tail accidentally yesterday and
was very distraught.  The boy was fine, but Toby leaned over to apologize
and the boy nipped him lightly on the finger and then ran away as if to
say, "This is your punishment and now I am done with you", hee hee.

And they now finally have names - the girl is Roxie Soxie, since she is
obsessed with socks more than any ferret I've ever had.  But only used
ones, she won't touch a clean sock!  The boy is Houdini - he found a
way to escape from the travel cage 3 times in the car last night!  He
actually figured out how to open the door, LOL!  The first time, I
thought I might have left it open, but no!  He opened it himself.
It doesn't help that he's stronger than I am :-)

Emily