Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 19:01:20 -0500
I have delayed in posting any message about Rocket J.  Ferrets surgery
until now because I did not know what the outcome would be.  On Oct. 20th
we took in 8 ferrets for surgery.  3 spays, two neuters (all with descents)
one singular descent and 2 adrenals.  Rocky was one of the adrenals.  She
is approximately 4 1/2 yrs old.  Always a feisty dark silver girl.  We had
lost her cagemate in the summer after adrenal surgery (she went into shock
the next day) and were hesitant to have her done, but decided to go ahead.
While on the table Rocky decided to visit with Wheezie for a few minutes.
I am guessing that Wheezie sent Rocky back home, the only problem was that
Rocky wasn't sure.  She has been alone since Wheezie left.  (They never did
get along with the group.) Every day I would get Rocky up from her cage
where she would be snuggling in her hammock.  I did the duck soup, AD
(which she hated) and any other food I could try to get her to eat.  She
got so skinny!!  I started her on Pepcid AC to reduce the risk of ulcers.
Kris and I both prayed.  This morning was one of the happiest days of my
life!!!  I went to get her and there she was waiting for me-just like the
good old days.  When I picked her up she actually had weight on her!!
Rocky has decided to stay.  I know that someday she will leave and she
knows that Wheezie is up at the Bridge-she saw her-but I also know that
she loves us and has chose to bless us for hopefully another 4 1/2 years.

Mary
MKARESQ