Date:
Sat, 7 Jul 2007 00:11:16 -0700
I came through the ag station on I-40 from AZ at about 1:00 pm today
(Friday). It appeared they were checking about every other car and
out of state plates. However...I got extra special treatment. I was
unfortunate enough to get the queen b#@&* of ag inspectors...she
started by asking me where I was coming from...simple enough. "Show
Low" I calmly respond. Then she asks if I have a cooler or ice chest...
"No". Next she orders me to roll down my back window (I drive a small
SUV) which I promptly do...while I continue to eat my pretzels. Then
she starts going through the blankets and pillows in the back seat and
asks the 64 thousand dollar question..."Do you have any ferrets in this
car?" My response (thankfully!) is "Nope". She finishes checking the
back seat and orders me to open the back (well duh, its already open
and she's already walking back there, she can open the bloody door
herself). She then opens up the back and again asks me if I have any
ferrets in the car. Again I calmly told her "nope". She went through
my luggage and laundry bag (I later discovered at the gas station that
she left part of my laundry bag hanging out the back door...what a
[expletive deleted]!). She walked back to my window and asked me a
third time if I was sure there weren't any ferrets in my car. By now
I have realized the error of my ways...I have a license plate frame
on the front of my car that says "I Love Ferrets". I calmly tell her
again, "nope" and pop another pretzel in my mouth to keep from laughing
at the stupidity of the situation (mine and hers). With the most
disgusted look she could conjure up (or perhaps that was just her
normal look?) she waved me through.

Fortunately, I don't take my fur kids with me to AZ anymore now that I
have...well...a lot, and it would take a minor miracle to keep them all
quiet at one time. They get a fur-baby sitter now. A word to the wise
however...if you are bold (or dumb...depending on your point of view)
enough to have any stickers, license plate frames, or anything else
with the "F" word on it...take it off before you try to get through
the ag stations into California. Apparently, even announcing your love
of ferrets is a crime in Cali now.

Peace.
Ferretzrule and the chaos crew