From:
Cindy Featherling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 May 2012 11:27:14 -0500
*Nell, I'm so sorry about Galen

I'd give .25 cc of the flagyl this would be a little more than half of
1cc of the reg syringes. I've been worried about him I know there's
something bad going on with him. There should have been some kind of
improvement with all the meds he's been taking. You'd just never know
with out a blood test and x-ray and I'm sure that's not possible there.
Even with these, there just may be nothing more that can be done. You
have done everything I would have done and the drugs you used should
have worked or at least you'd have seen some improvement. He could have
eaten something and perforated a bowel,**or picked up some type of
parasite, have a form of cancer, you just never know. I'm thinking a
parasite or bacteria since all the ferrets are sick. With out a blood
or feces test to see what bacteria or parasite, you're just guessing on
which antibiotic to use. You used a good broad sprectum one and that
was the Bactrim, but it did nothing, so is the amoxicillin I know how
hard it is to lose one of your precious pets and you just have to tell
yourself it was Gods Will. He will be in good hands and no longer
suffering. When I've done everything possible and I can't help them any
longer, Nell I help them cross over the Rainbow Bridge. I take them and
have them put to sleep. The vet will give them the sleep shot and it
takes away all their pain. I hold them till the end and tell them how
much I love them. It's so heartbreaking, but I know they are in a
better place and no longer suffering. If Galen continues to go down
hill, can you get a vet to come put him to sleep? I know sometimes it
may not be possible, then you just have to keep him as comfortable as
possible. Nell, I know your heart is breaking, but he knows he is
loved.*

*Take Care My Friend,*

*Cindy*